Here is run down on what you can expect on your Senior Session. The most important thing is to be yourself, relax and be prepared to have fun.
There are several different session options available. You can find all the details here.
How much do your sessions cost?
Seniors I photograph typically bring 1-2 additional outfits while others don’t bring any at all. It’s up to you. The number of changes time allows is also dependent on how quickly you change! Be sure to check out our Pinterest What To Wear Boards to see some great fashion options for this season!
What do your sessions include?
Do you want an unbiased opinion of what looks most flattering on you? Are you having trouble choosing accessories? A style guru, who has coordinated outfits for families & always looks fabulously stylish herself in front of the camera every time I photograph her, will spend up to 90 minutes with you to make sure what you choose looks great. Cost is $150. You can also check out my Pinterest boards for inspiration. When you feel great, you will be more comfortable in front of the camera, and that’s when your personality and inner beauty shines. That is what I want to capture!
What is a style consult?
If you were to describe your style what would you say? Take some time to think about what you are all about. Ask yourself what inspires you? What music do you like? What’s you favorite color, music or sport? Do you have a special place you love to hang out? If your friends could describe you in a few words what would they say?
Answering these questions will help to determine how we can customize your session to create an experience that is a fun process while capturing some images that you will love. This is your senior year and most definitely it’s your time to shine!
How will you make my session feel like me?
Don’t worry! I am very laid back and want to make your senior experience fun. I have young men dreading their approaching session and walk away saying, ‘that was actually kinda fun’! That is the biggest compliment I can receive. And in the process, I managed to capture the most ‘real’ smiles and natural laughs that their mamas and papas will cherish forever.
What if I'm a bit shy in front of the camera?
When preparing for your senior session it can seem like a daunting task figuring out what to wear. Allow our fashion stylist to help you choose clothes and accessories. We want you to look great, feel confident and be ready to have fun at your session!
Wear what makes you smile! Show your personality. If you feel good-the camera will notice!
Try to choose colors that coordinate and that suit your skin tone. Ask your mom or your BFF what colors suit you and bring out the sparkle in your eyes.
Layers, layers, layers! Don’t be afraid to pile it on. Camis, jackets, jewelry, scarves, hats, glasses, belt, boots, etc. A properly accessorized outfit really adds interest to the photo.
Wear clothes that flatter your figure. Clothes that are too big look sloppy.
Choose clothes that fit your style. Fashionista? Or are you a jeans and hoodie type? It doesn’t matter. Just wear what reflects who you are right now.
Don’t be afraid of bold patterns and colors. While you don’t want to wear a plaid shirt and polka dot shorts, a bit of pattern will add interest and bold colors will make you outfits pop!
Don’t forget the details! Trim your nails, remove leftover notes written on your hands, shape your eyebrows. Some images will be close up and attention to details will make for more polished images.
Don’t wear neon colors! They tend to create funky skin tones from the color casting.
Don’t forget to iron your clothes! You don’t want silly wrinkles being the first thing people notice.
Be sure to check out our Pinterest style guide boards to help spark your imagination!
What should I wear?
- Once the weather warms up in the spring, my schedule begins to fill up, so make sure you schedule your session (and hair & make-up if applicable) nice and early.
- A few weeks before your session I will send you a questionnaire so I can get to know you better. Knowing what you like and what style you love helps me create a unique experience just for YOU!
- Once I receive your questionnaire I will give you a call to discuss locations. If you have any ideas let me know.
- I will provide you with a link to our Pinterest inspiration boards for ideas on what to wear. If you would like an in-home style consult we will schedule that 3-4 weeks before your session.
- Be sure to try on all your outfit changes. Make sure you are happy, comfortable and confident in your outfits.
- That just leaves you a week to get some early nights and drink lots of water. It makes such a difference to the glow in your skin!
What should I expect before the shoot?
- We’ll meet at our location, and chat about the ideas you have. You may be nervous, but there is no need to be. I’m very laid back and easy to get along with and will make you feel comfortable in no time.
- Feel free to bring your Mom and your BFF if you want. The more comfortable you are, the better your pictures will be...so relax, it’s going to be fun! If you bring a BFF, they can takeover SLP Snapchat and share behind the scenes fun.
- No need to worry about how you’re going to pose, I will be instructing you along the way. After a couple minutes I’m sure you will loving it so much you will be happy to strike your own poses!
- Bring your outfit changes, neatly pressed in garment bags with all your accessories. Don’t forget to bring a hand mirror, your essential make-up, tissues, bottled water and some comfortable shoes if we need to walk around to a new location.
On the day of the shoot, how does it work?
Yes! You are welcome to bring your mom, friend or whomever you want. It can be less stressful with your mom there to assist with wardrobe changes and a friend can help you relax. This is your experience so whatever you prefer is fine with me. If you’d like to get some pics with a group of friends, ask me about the Forever Friends Sessions.
Can I bring a friend?
Let me hear any ideas you have! I’ve photographed seniors in wild flowers, barns, middle of the street, grafitti covered alleys and even in front of dumpsters. Possibilities are only limited by our imaginations. There is such a wide variety of beautiful spots in the area to choose from. Start thinking about what you’d like.
What location can we shoot at?
- Once the session is over, we will schedule a meeting for you to come to my studio to view and choose your favorite images,
- Meeting will take place within 3 weeks after your senior session.
- During the ordering session, you will see a variety of layout designs for your home in addition to samples of acrylic prints, wood blocks, metals, etc.
- If you purchase digitals, your images will also be available online for 30 days for your friends and family to view, share, and order.
- Digital purchases will be delivered via an online gallery within 7 days, prints, albums and other products arrive within 6 weeks once order is finalized and payment has been received.
After the shoot, how are the images delivered?
Absolutely! When you receive digital images, you get two versions, one suitable for printing (up to 8x10) and one for social media. The image watermarked with my logo may be shared on Instagram, Facebook, blogs, etc.
Can I share my images on Instagram?
Once you’ve made your selections at the viewing session, digitals will be available for you to download within 7 days. Product delivery varies and can take up to 6 weeks. I know you are eager to come pick up your memories, so I’ll contact you when they arrive!
How quickly will I get my photos?
No matter whether you are a senior in high school, Mom or a photographer, we all just want to feel and look beautiful. Feeling great about your physical appearance will give you confidence to embrace what makes you unique. When you let your personality shine, we capture your inner beauty translating to images wonderfully unique and beautiful...just like you! So just be you!